Reminiscing on the super karaoke that was Def Leppard, the sing along aspect was surpassed by an excellent gig at Tavastia by The Local Band.
After the disappointment of the 100guitarsfromHEL event a few hours earlier, the band rocked their way through 14 classic rock covers that had the whole place jumping.
This is only the third time the Local Band has played together, I wonder why they don’t do more since they are a fantastic group and they play cracking music.
They are a true Finnish super group comprising of:
- Alexi Laiho from Children of Bodom on guitar
- Jussi69 from The 69 Eyes on drums
- Archie Kuosmanen from Santa Cruz on bass
- Olli Herman on vocals
This time they were joined on stage by Johnny Cruz, the lead guitarist for Santa Cruz. He played keyboards – probably not to take the limelight away from Alex :-)
Another difference from their previous shows, see the video my last post about the Local Band, was that they had Local Band logos on their drum kit and the set backdrop. Are there more things coming from them as a unit?
Highlights for me were Looks that Kill (Mötley Crüe), Piece of Me (Skid Row) and the most excellent Shot in the Dark (Ozzy Osbourne) where Alex and Archie swapped instruments.
As a band, Alex seemed a little distant from the rest of the band. Olli was Olli – looked to be having a great time and Archie. Well, I think this guy will become a legend. A great performer and really knows how to work a crowd.
It was a great gig.
The full set list is below, from setlist.fm, with intro and outro:
- In The Beginning (Mötley Crüe song)
- Shout at the Devil (Mötley Crüe cover)
- Looks That Kill (Mötley Crüe cover)
- Nothin’ But a Good Time (Poison cover)
- Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love (Van Halen cover)
- Pour Some Sugar on Me (Def Leppard cover)
- Yankee Rose (David Lee Roth cover)
- Nightrain (Guns N’ Roses cover)
- Piece of Me (Skid Row cover)
- Wanted Dead or Alive (Bon Jovi cover)
- Fallen Angel (Poison cover)
- Shot in the Dark (Ozzy Osbourne cover)
- Panama (Van Halen cover)
- Summer of ’69 (Bryan Adams cover)
- Livin’ On a Prayer (Bon Jovi cover)
- The Boys of Summer (Don Henley song)
What did you think? Awesome or what?
These, and a few more out of focus shots available on Flickr…